We’re Hiring: Bilingual Community Health Workers
Full and part-time opportunities are available
Are you outgoing and passionate about making a positive impact in your community? Are you fluent in both English and Spanish? If so, Vecino Health Centers has an opportunity for you!
Join our team as a Bilingual Community Health Worker and play a vital role in promoting health and well-being in northeast Houston.
As a community health worker for Vecino Health Centers, you will be at the forefront of our mission to improve community health. You’ll be out in the community interacting with people 75 percent of the time, connecting community members to services, delivering health literacy programs, and working with community partners. For this reason, strong communication skills in Spanish and English are important.
To excel in this role, you should possess the following qualifications:
- Community Health Worker certification.
- Associate degree (highly desirable).
- Minimum of one year of customer service experience or community-based work.
- Bilingual proficiency in English and Spanish (spoken, written, and read).
- Experience participating in and organizing community events.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Tactfulness and respect for community members.
- Impeccable work ethic.
Benefits: Paid time off (PTO) and medical insurance.