Bilingual (English/Spanish) Mental Health Counselor II
Vecino Health Centers is currently seeking a Mental Health Counselor II (MHCII) for its Counseling Center. The MHCII must be able to work efficiently and independently with Spanish speaking clients. Additionally, the MHCII should have at least 1 year of experience with their full Licensed Professional Counselor license. The role of the MHCII is to provide counseling, crisis intervention, and case management services to adults and children in individual and group settings at a neighborhood clinic serving health needs of English speaking and Spanish speaking patients. The MHCII will provide care to patients under the direction of our Director of Counseling.
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The assessment, diagnosis, formulation of treatment goals, development and implementation of individualized treatment plans through the use of effective counseling techniques and therapeutic approaches
- Diagnosing aspects of mental health assessments and treatment
- Specific training in evidence based treatment modalities for children and youth highly desirable 4. Making appropriate reports as mandated by law
- Case management/ client advocate responsibilities providing and coordinating referrals for services as needed
- Evaluation of client progress
- Thorough documentation of client charts through the use of an electronic medical record software
- Collaborating as part of an interdisciplinary team
- Preparing and conducting psycho-educational programs and or lectures on relevant topics in an effort to promote mental health in the community
- Other duties assigned by supervisor
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree in Counseling, Psychology, or Social Work from an accredited college or university
- LPC or LCSW (Texas issued license)
- Must be able to work efficiently and independently with Spanish speaking clients.
- Must have experience/training working with children, adolescents and families
- Prior experience in the diagnosis and treatment of diverse mental health issues
- Knowledge of cultural, economic, social, and legal issues relevant to the underserved/ uninsured population a plus
How to Apply